In today’s fast paced,
constantly changing work environment,
what competencies do leaders need to be successful?
- A leader needs to be visible as a role model in order to demonstrate his/her breadth of knowledge and understanding of the organizational challenges.
- A leader should display an aptitude for logic and a desire to challenge the status quo or “alleged wisdom” in order to facilitate free flowing decision making.
- A leader must posses the ability to be a facilitator with a wide array of knowledge and information coupled with an unquestionable trust, professionalism and an open invitation for dissent.
- Leaders must define the organization’s vision in a way that highlights the values of their group
- Leaders must support people’s efforts to achieve the shared vision through coaching and feedback
- A leader should recognize and reward success
These three are “basic” to Good Leadership